Welcome to the Pathway Programs module on System and network security.
Network security is the protection of the access to files, directories and information in a computer network against hacking, misuse and unauthorized changes to the system.
In this module, we will explore the basics of Network security, some definitions, terms and concepts. We will also look at some types of attacks that take place when Network security is not implemented properly.
In this module, we will cover:
- Secure design principles (Least-privilege, fail-safe defaults, complete mediation, separation of privilege)
- Secured kernel construction and defence against memory exploits.
- Operating system security.
- TCP/IP security issues and DNS security issues.
- Network intrusion detection and prevention systems, introduction to firewalls.